NEXT PTA Meeting and Chorus Performance will be held this Thursday, December 13 @6:30PM. Mark your calendars!!!
ALSO….just a reminder that the 5th Grade Committee is raffling off a pair of Beats headphones. Tickets are $5 each or 5 for $20. To purchase tickets, please send in cash or a check made out to PS185 PTA in an envelope clearly marked with your child's name and class and put it to the attention of PTA- 5th Grade Committee Beats Raffle. The drawing will be held at the December 13 PTA meeting. Winner need not be present. Please come out to enjoy the children and support your PTA!
There is a FAMILY FUN MOVIE NIGHT scheduled for Friday 12/14 at 6:00 PM. More details to follow.
HELP OUR LIBRARY:
Beginning Black Friday, the BookMark Shoppe on Third Avenue between 83rd and 84th Streets will be offering 20% off purchases made for the PS 185 library!!! There will be a wish list at the register. Please consider adding a book two for our library to your holiday shopping!!! The BookMark Shoppe is extremely supportive of PS 185 offering regular discounts for school purchases and providing us with free author visit opportunities throughout the year. They have a great inventory of books for all ages, toys and trinkets for everyone on your holiday list. Let them know you are shopping there because of their support for PS 185.
FIFTH GRADE PARENTS:
Fifth Grade Parents: The deadline to submit the online Middle School application HAS BEEN EXTENDED TO Friday 12/14. Go to myschools.nyc and follow the tutorial on each page. It is available in a number of languages to assist you. If you need help with the process, please contact Mary Maguire at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please submit two baby photos of your child for the 2018-2019 yearbook by January 7, 2019 (letter was sent home last week):
Please submit two (2) baby pictures of your 5th grader to commemorate their growth by Monday, January 7, 2019. One picture will appear with their 5th Grade picture and the other will be part of a “Guess the baby” spread. Please indicate which you would like to appear with their 5th Grade picture. If no preference is provided, we reserve the right to choose.
Here is how you can submit your photos online:
• Click here to submit.
• If it does not automatically log you into the site, enter username: 411213694
• Browse to select the photo you wish to upload.
• Enter information about the photo, including your child’s name and class, and provide contact information in case we need to contact you for additional information. Please indicate the #5 if you wish the photo to appear with their 5th Grade picture.
• Click "Save Details".
If you are unable to submit your photo online, you may also:
• Email photos to email@example.com with student’s full name and class number
• Send hardcopy photos in an envelope marked "Yearbook Baby Photo" with student’s full name, class number and contact information should we have any issues with the image.
IMAGE GUIDELINES for uploading/emailing photos:
If you are not sure if the image meets the requirements, upload or email the image so we can review the image. We will contact you should we have any issues with the image.
• .JPG, .TIF and .PNG files only.
• Minimum resolution is 300dpi or ppi.
• High resolution files recommended. If you are scanning photos, use 400–500 dpi.
Remember to mark your calendar for the PTA’s Annual Spring Gala on Friday, March 8, 2019, at the Dyker Beach Golf Club. It will be a fun filled night of dinner, dancing and prizes! It’s also the biggest fundraiser for our school!