This is a packed week of great events at PS 185.
On Friday, January 11th, it is CHIP Friday. Please send your child in with a $1 or $2 to help support the 5th Grade.
Friday, January 11th is also College and Career Awareness Day throughout the DOE. Have your child/children wear something from your alma mater or relevant to your career. They will be going home with a blank pennant to be decorated with a family members college name and colors or of what they want to be when they grow up. These pennants will be hung up around the school.
An evening performance of the BRAIN SHOW is also scheduled for Friday, January 11th. . Doors open at 6:45 PM for a 7:00 start of the show. Tickets are $5 per person and will be sold in advance and at the door. Children MUST be accompanied by an adult. Advance ticket requests should be sent in by Thursday 1/10. Make checks payable to PS185 PTA. A list will be at the door. Concessions will be available to purchase during the show.
FIFTH GRADE PARENTS:
Graduation is fast approaching and work on the yearbook is in full swing.
BABY PICTURE SUBMISSION
Please submit two baby photos of your child for the 2018-2019 yearbook by January 7, 2019. If you have not done so please do so ASAP.
Please submit two (2) baby pictures of your 5th grader to commemorate their growth by Monday, January 7, 2019. One picture will appear with their 5th Grade picture and the other will be part of a “Guess the baby” spread. Please indicate which you would like to appear with their 5th Grade picture. If no preference is provided, we reserve the right to choose.
Here is how you can submit your photos online:
• Click here to submit.
• If it does not automatically log you into the site, enter username: 411213694
• Browse to select the photo you wish to upload.
• Enter information about the photo, including your child’s name and class, and provide contact information in case we need to contact you for additional information. Please indicate the #5 if you wish the photo to appear with their 5th Grade picture.
• Click "Save Details".
If you are unable to submit your photo online, you may also:
• Email photos to email@example.com with student’s full name and class number
• Send hardcopy photos in an envelope marked "Yearbook Baby Photo" with student’s full name, class number and contact information should we have any issues with the image.
IMAGE GUIDELINES for uploading/emailing photos:
If you are not sure if the image meets the requirements, upload or email the image so we can review the image. We will contact you should we have any issues with the image.
• .JPG, .TIF and .PNG files only.
• Minimum resolution is 300dpi or ppi.
• High resolution files recommended. If you are scanning photos, use 400–500 dpi.
The yearbook includes a section of boosters. “Boosters” are short congratulatory messages in the yearbook, written for the graduates by family members or friends. Each graduating child is entitled to one free yearbook booste